Northland District Health Board (NDHB) invests in operational funding which supports the Foundation to assist NDHB with –
- Charitable accounts management so that donated funds can be distributed across the region
- Charitable Giving that include Endowments and Bequests to NDHB. Northland Community Foundation manages these funds through its investment policy on behalf of NDHB. The capital from these investments is accrued to save up for significant projects or to be kept in perpetuity to allow interest to be distributed according to the donors wishes.
- One-off Gifts and Fundraising (Corporate Sponsorship and Grants)
- Establishing a Health Fund as the mechanism for philanthropic giving by the community to NDHB
- Special Campaigns (such as Countdown Kids, Talipes Awareness, etc)
NCF aim to help NDHB provide for additional medical equipment, support and help to staff, patients and families. We act as an extra to government funding never as a replacement for government funding.