Northland Community Foundation is Northland's philanthropic hub, focussed on inspiring generosity for our special region of Aotearoa New Zealand. We connect with people to build deep funds that will be available to charitable or community causes in Te Tai Tokerau, Northland. We are keen to work with different sectors, including health, education, sport, environment, community service and others.
Northland Community Foundation works with groups and individuals who want to help meet the needs of the people in Te Tai Tokerau, Northland. We encourage the spirit of giving as a means of improving our communities for everyone’s benefit.
This kind of giving will strengthen Northland’s quality of life as an inclusive and sustainable community by acting as a catalyst and by connecting people, ideas and resources through community philanthropy.
The Foundation aims:
- to be seen as a community resource and part of the local and New Zealand wide philanthropy network.
- to be known by donors for our profile in accessible philanthropy, donor engagement, efficient fund management, responsiveness and community expertise.
- to represent and engage Northland in all aspects of our work, enhancing social cohesion and community well being through utilisation of local expertise and ongoing research.
- to be recognised for our collaborative and partnership approach in initiating focused sustainable projects and accessing Government and institutional funds which support our vision.
- to be recognised by all our stakeholders for our effectiveness in compliance and governance standards, through a well-structured Board and organisation.